Translate

Thursday, August 23, 2018

"GO FUND ME" CANCELS ROBERT SPENCER'S WITHDRAWAL OF FUNDS, REFUNDS DONATIONS WITHOUT EXPLANATION~BOYCOTT NOW!

BOYCOTT NOW!
"GO FUND ME" CANCELS ROBERT SPENCER'S WITHDRAWAL OF FUNDS, REFUNDS DONATIONS WITHOUT EXPLANATION 
BY ROBERT SPENCER
republished below in full unedited for informational, educational and research purposes:
After Patreon banned me without explanation, I set up a GoFundMe account, with the same goal in view of constructing a studio for Jihad Watch videos, and quickly raised over $3,000. Yesterday I withdraw it, and got a notice from GoFundMe:
Hi Robert,
We are sending $3,299.42 to your bank account. Deposits take 2 – 5 business days to appear in your bank account. If your deposit doesn’t arrive after 5 business days, contact us.
But today, I got this:
Hi Robert,
We’re sorry, but we have canceled your 08/21 withdrawal of $3,299.42 from WePay Payments.
The funds from this withdrawal have been added back to your balance.
Thank you for your understanding and we apologize for the trouble this may have caused.
If you have any questions or require additional assistance please let us know by responding directly to this email.
Thank you, WePay Team
I also got multiple notices from GoFundMe; each informed me that a particular donation to me from a particular person had been refunded.
When I asked for a reason why they had canceled my withdrawal and were refunding all the donations to me, they did not, of course, answer.
In reading histories of the Third Reich I was always struck by how quickly — in just a matter of months — Germany went from being a free, democratic state to an authoritarian dictatorship, right under everyone’s noses in 1933. I always marveled at how fast and easy it was to destroy freedom. I don’t marvel any more. It is happening to us right now, and most people neither notice nor care. The authoritarian Left is stamping out all dissenting voices. It will soon be even worse: people who don’t hold the accepted opinions will not be able to hold jobs, have bank accounts, buy from various outlets, etc. Think this is hysterical and will never happen here? Watch.
What amazes me further is that so many people are crowing about this, tweeting happily at me that I’m getting what I deserve for not believing Islam is a religion of peace, and all that. They don’t seem to realize that a pattern has now been set in motion that could turn on them just as easily as it has turned on me.
These times call for courage, and yet this is an age of universal cowardice. It is unlikely to end well.
______________________________________________________________

GoFundMe falsely accuses Robert Spencer of violating Terms of Service, allows no appeal

republished below in full unedited for informational, educational and research purposes:
This morning, GoFundMe first notified me that they were sending me the remaining $600 of the $3300 in donations I had received; they had canceled the rest and refunded the donors. Then they canceled that payout and sent me this:
It seems you’re using WePay for one or more of the activities prohibited by our Terms of Service. Unfortunately, you can’t use WePay to accept additional payments. Any pending payments will be canceled and you won’t be able to withdraw funds at this time.
More specifically:
WePay is unable to process payments related to Hate, violence, racial intolerance, terrorism, the financial exploitation of a crime, or items or activities that encourage, promote, facilitate, or instruct others regarding the same.
Thank you for understanding and we apologize that we couldn’t offer a better solution.
Sincerely, WePay Team
There was, of course, no further explanation.
It’s very clear what’s going on. The Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) claims that I am a “hate group leader,” and that’s that. The SPLC’s infallibility in such matters is taken for granted by all these social media giants, despite its massive admission of error in the Maajid Nawaz case, and its obvious far-Left political agenda in lumping legitimate groups in with the likes of the KKK and neo-Nazis in order to discredit and destroy them.
But GoFundMe, like Patreon and MasterCard, allow no appeal, no discussion, no questioning of the SPLC’s fiat. And of course, it isn’t just the SPLC; it is now taken for granted by large segments of the American population, and by innumerable people elsewhere, that to oppose jihad mass murder of innocent civilians and Sharia oppression of women, gays, and others is “hate,” or as GoFundMe puts it, “Hate” with a capital H. I remember how flabbergasted I was in 2003 when I was on MSNBC with Keith Olbermann and Ibrahim Hooper of Hamas-linked CAIR, and Hooper called me a “hatemonger.” I thought, “It’s ‘hate’ to oppose jihad terror? That will never fly.”
But it has. And the outcome will be that more and more people will be afraid to oppose jihad terror and Sharia oppression, for fear of incurring these charges, and this discrimination and libel.
I’m going to be doing what I can to challenge GoFundMe’s uncritical acceptance of the SPLC’s smear of me, and the likely same uncritical acceptance by MasterCard/Patreon. But the SPLC has hundreds of millions of dollars and I don’t. And many who don’t realize how vulnerable they are will applaud what is happening to me because they don’t realize or believe how easily the same tactics can and will be turned on them. But they will be.
I did ask GoFundMe why they had done this, and I got this back:
Vanessa
Aug 22, 9:20 AM PDT
@GFMThis account has been refunded and blacklisted with the following message: WePay is unable to process payments related to Hate, violence, racial intolerance, terrorism, the financial exploitation of a crime, or items or activities that encourage, promote, facilitate, or instruct others regarding the same.
WePay | Trust & Safety
More questions? Check out our Help Center https://support.wepay.com
So I wrote this back to Vanessa:
But I don’t do any of those things. On what grounds are you accusing me of this? I don’t spread hate or encourage violence or intolerance or terrorism, etc. I don’t do any of these things. On what basis are you claiming that I do?
I don’t expect an answer to that.
_______________________________________________________________
NOT THE ONLY ONE: 

Brittany Pettibone GoFundMe Story

CALLED A "WHITE NATIONALIST", "ALT-RIGHT" CONSERVATIVE, "VIOLATES TERMS OF SERVICE"

CENSORED: Youtube Bans me, Gofundme Bans 

me, New York Times Comes after me, 

And what we can do