AN INTENSE LIGHT SOMETIMES BLINDS THE EYES OF THOSE WHO WOULD PREFER NOT TO SEE WHAT IT REVEALS
(DO YOU KNOW HAUGHTY PASTORS WHO OPERATE LIKE THIS?); THEY TYPICALLY DISPLAY ONE EYEBROW HIGHER THAN THE OTHER, OR A CONDESCENDING LOOK:
THIS BLOG: "Here's a couple of quotes you would do well to ponder. You and the rest of the leadership at _______are sold out to the government, indebted to the Freemasons, and are down the corrupt path of the emerging church. That is why the truth is not being preached.
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8
And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, and with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness. 2 Thessalonians 2:8-12
Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! For the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time. Revelation 12:12
The Father of Lies, the Deceiver-in-Chief, is Satan, the devil, and he hates with the purest hate the Lord and the Lord's people. Those who despise the Lord, who reject His Word and His Truth are children of the devil. They are under his sway and are his tools, most of them unwittingly doing his bidding. They are deeply deceived, and like him, they detest those of us who speak up for God's Truth. Along with Israel, those of us who belong to the Lord through Jesus Christ are the most hated of all people in the world. It is a supernatural hatred, this hatred for Christians and Jews, inspired by the devil himself.
It's not only God's Word and His people that these children of wrath hate. They hate anyone who speaks out against Satan's political agenda of tyranny. That's why hate the TEA Party and people like Rush Limbaugh. Anyone who tells the truth about their wicked agenda, they despise. They hate anyone who would stand in the way of the devil's grand plan for global governance under his murderous, demented rule.
The time is surely short. The end of all things will be here soon, as will the Lord's return. We're seeing prophecies come to fulfillment. Israel was miraculously restored. Iniquity is abounding, and the love of many is growing cold. Next to Israel, the United States was the most-blessed nation in the history of the world. It was a nation founded with God's blessings, founded on His principles of just government and natural rights of the people. Of course, no nation on earth can be perfect, run as they are by sinful, fallen man, nor were we perfect, but we were the best. And, we're it. When the light of freedom goes dark in America, there will be no more light of freedom in the world. Our light is rapidly dimming with corruption having spread throughout our society, infecting our institutions and power structures. The sins of this nation are piled to heaven. Bloody, rampant abortion and the aggressive embrace of sexual perversion will bring nothing but deserved judgment.
This is not to discourage you, but to encourage you to remain focused and watchful. Those of us who are Christians know that the days are going to get unimaginably dark as we near the end. There will be a time that Satan's earthly rule will be absolute, that the power of God's elect will be broken before the Lord's return (Daniel 12:7, Revelation 13:7), but that in no way means we stop fighting against Satan's evil agenda. Everything that sets itself up against the Lord is from his to-do list. His list is tyranny, enslavement and destruction for mankind. The entire platform of the Left, which includes both Democrats and more than a few Republicans, is the devil's tyranny. Whether it's the obliteration of Christian expression, our freedoms, marriage and the bedrock family unit through the militant homosexual movement or the impoverishment of people through radical environmentalist schemes, the end goal is the same: Hell-born tyranny.
We will be hated more and more as we stand firmly on the side of truth and speak against the evil corruption in our nation and local, state and federal governments. Right now in America we are still somewhat free to speak out against the Left's agenda, but this will likely not be the case for much longer. We must understand that there will probably come a day when our freedom of speech will be crushed and our freedom to worship Christ openly will be outlawed. We are seeing steadily creeping evidence of this today. Homosexual activists are certainly tools of the devil as they wage "lawfare" against Christian business owners, causing them to pay massive fines and even go out of business for their fundamental beliefs. These are just the beginning steps in the devil's goal of making Christianity illegal.
Those of us who speak and write against the Left's machinations are already targets of deep hatred from the Left. We are the object of lies. We are maligned, our words twisted, taken out of context and used to put false words in our mouths. This also represents the first stages in the ultimate goal of outlawing of speech that goes against the devil's agenda, whether it's the degenerate homosexual movement or any other plank of Hell's platform of tyranny.
I know the Republicans just won a massive landslide victory all across the nation, but it will not stop the judgment that is clearly falling on America. There is no political fix for the corruption that infects the soul of this country. The message God repeatedly sends to His people is to repent of our sins, humble ourselves before Him, and prayerfully seek His face. Only then is there any hope of His healing for our land.
Whether or not the United States gets a reprieve from its headlong dash into the tyrannical abyss, one thing is certain. God's Word will stand, every bit of it. The future will unfold just as it is written. Satan and his minions will continue to be wicked and filled with unholy rage, but their hatred and their schemes are no match for the God of all creation, Whose Son Jesus Christ gave His precious life to build that impossible bridge between God and man.
If you have never seen the Lord's face, please seek Him today while you can still find Him. Your eternal future depends on it, and trust me, you want to be on the team of Christ, because after the coming days of darkness, in the very end, Team Jesus wins."
"Why Churches Should Have Special Prayer for America" by David Cloud http://www.wayoflife.org/index_files/why_churches_should_have_prayer_for_america.html
Following are some of the reasons why I believe the situation is truly grim and that unless we get hold of God in prayer, we are in deep trouble.
1. Our constitutional freedoms are rapidly disappearing. In my lifetime we have lost constitutional liberty within wide swaths of society, particularly those parts of society that are under government control. We have lost our constitutional liberty in the public schools at all levels. Go to any government-funded school or college or university and try teaching that homosexuality is a moral abomination, that evolution is a lie, that the world was made in six days by Almighty God, that abortion is murder, that sex outside marriage is a sin, that there is only one way of salvation and those who reject Christ go to an eternal hell, and that Islam is a false religion that preaches a false Christ and that demands violent jihad to conquer the world for Allah. We have lost our constitutional freedoms in business. Business owners are not at liberty to say what they please or to practice their religion if such speech and religion contract government-approved humanistic thought and “morality.” We have lost our constitutional freedoms in the military. I have friends who have resigned from the chaplaincy because there is no longer the liberty for even a chaplain to speak biblical truth in the military. We have lost our constitutional freedoms at the Supreme Court. It is the Supreme Court which has greatly restricted freedom of speech and freedom of religion, which has replaced the beautiful Bill of Rights with its own constructs such as the mythical freedom of privacy and separation of church and state.
2. The majority of U.S. citizens are ill informed and misinformed. More sound education is available today than ever before to inform people of the truth about every major issue, including the Bible, human origins, the economy, and Islam, but the average citizen is not interested. If he gets any news, it is the brief news report from a rock or sports radio station, which is mere liberal propaganda.
3. A corner has been turned in America, whereby a majority of public opinion is set in opposition to the Bible’s teaching on such things as fornication, adultery, homosexuality, and hell.
5. The wicked pop culture has captivated the hearts of the vast majority of “Christian” youth even in the best of churches.
6. America’s financial ruin is on the horizon.
7. Islam is making rapid gains. Foolish judges have ruled that Sharia law can be practiced in America. Islamic propagandists have succeeded in foisting the lie that Islam is a religion of peace and that the terrorists are “extremists.” They have succeeded in making it impossible to teach the truth about Islam’s history and character in government schools, the military, and other government agencies and nearly impossible to teach this truth in any public setting.
8. Homosexuals have gained great power, and they intend to shut the mouths of Bible Christians in every public sphere. Public opinion has swung in favor of moral perversion.
9. Decades of conservative political action hasn’t turned the tide. The millions of hours of conservative talk radio, of Fox News broadcasts, the blogs, the bragging fervor of Moral Majorities and Tea Parties, the bombastic noise from shrill conservative women -- it has done nothing to keep the most wicked individuals from holding power over the nation or to halt the slide to destruction.
10. The majority of conservative, Bible-believing churches are barely holding their own if not dying. The churches that are prospering are rare. As a rule, the Bible-believing churches are seeing few converts, have few members that are true disciples of Christ, have few young people who are seeking God’s will, and are producing few preachers. Most of the strong preachers are older. Most of the young ones are moving rapidly in a contemporary direction.
11. The most conservative church movement in the nation is rapidly giving up separation and becoming worldly. When I was saved in 1973 at age 23, I joined an independent Baptist church because it was different from the worldly, lukewarm Southern Baptist Convention in which I grew up. Independent Baptists practiced ecclesiastical separation and separation from the world without apology. They rejected “Christian” rock music unequivocally. But we are witnessing an upheaval. We are witnessing a great blending. Today the average independent Baptist church has given up on separation and is little different from a Southern Baptist congregation.
“If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; THEN WILL I HEAR FROM HEAVEN, AND WILL FORGIVE THEIR SIN, AND WILL HEAL THEIR LAND” (2 Chronicles 7:14).
“I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; THAT WE MAY LEAD A QUIET AND PEACEABLE LIFE IN ALL GODLINESS AND HONESTY. FOR THIS IS GOOD AND ACCEPTABLE IN THE SIGHT OF GOD OUR SAVIOUR; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth” (1 Timothy 2:1-4).