Translate

Friday, February 3, 2017

LIBERAL DREAMLAND: DELAWARE SENATOR TOM CARPER'S REASONS FOR NOT SUPPORTING JEFF SESSIONS

 THIS LIBERAL "DELAWAREAN" THINKS HE CAN TWIST SCRIPTURE AND USE IT OUT OF CONTEXT TO JUSTIFY HIS OPPOSITION TO JEFF SESSIONS
HIS EMAIL RESPONSE DENIES THAT THERE ARE SERIOUS CRIMES BEING COMMITTED BY ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT ISLAMIC JIHADISTS, AND THE IMMORALITY OF THE LGBT AGENDA
PROMOTER OF MORAL DECAY ALLEGEDLY READS THE SAME BIBLE AS SESSIONS, BUT HAS A DIFFERENT SPIN?
HOW ABOUT UPHOLDING OUR LAWS & THE CONSTITUTION AS WELL AS THE TEN COMMANDMENTS? 
http://www.delawareliberal.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Carper.png
"Thank you for contacting me to share your support for the nomination of Senator Jeff Sessions (R-AL) to serve as United States Attorney General. I appreciate hearing from you about this important matter.
Senator Sessions has been my colleague and friend for sixteen years. The two of us read the same Bible  from time to time in the past, we have read it together. However, I have ultimately come to decide that I cannot support his nomination to serve as our next Attorney General. 
When Senator Sessions and I met in my office about his nomination, we talked of how our faith guides us in our lives. I reminded him of Matthew 25, which tells us of our moral obligation ‘to the least of these’ in our society. Among other things it asks the question, ‘When I was a stranger in your land, did you take me in?’ Sadly, I have concluded that Senator Sessions does not fully share the commitment to that passage and to loving our neighbors as ourselves that I believe our nation’s Attorney General should hold.
While we agree on some issues, in truth, our views on far too many important issues diverge, in some cases markedly. For example, Senator Sessions holds the same hardline views on immigration as President Donald Trump, views that sow fear and division in our communities. He has a lifetime voting record that, on balance, is hostile to our country's landmark clean water and clean air laws. He refuses to accept the science on climate change and has opposed efforts by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to curb harmful carbon pollution from our nation’s power plants. 
At times, he has demonstrated hostility to landmark civil rights laws too, such as the Voting Rights Act, and he has opposed legal protections for LGBT Americans. I believe that too many of his views are too often inconsistent with the Golden Rule – to treat others as they would wish to be treated – for him to lead the Department of Justice at this critical juncture. Reaching this decision does not bring me joy, but I was raised by my parents to pray in church for the wisdom to know the right thing to do – and I have done this when faced with this decision. 
In closing, thank you again for contacting me, and please do not hesitate to contact me about this or other matters of concern."
With best personal regards, I am,
Sincerely,

Tom Carper
United States Senator
http://carper.senate.gov/contact