Translate

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

ANOTHER ASSEMBLY OF GOD PASTOR DECRIES CONTEMPLATIVE MYSTICISM

To Lighthouse Trails: 
I have never responded to you before, but I do wish for you to know that I have been following your series of articles concerning Ruth Barton speaking at the AoG GC with extreme interest.  You see, I am a credentialed AoG minister.  I, along with many other ministers and lay people inside the AoG are extremely concerned with what has been taking place within our fellowship over the past few years.  In fact, there are several conservative factions inside of the AoG that have actually been able to bond over the common cause of bringing a halt to the contemplative prayer movement that has been lurking around in our fellowship.  I just wished to thank you personally for all that you do for the gospel.  I would also like you to know that many of your Ruth Barton articles are being used in AoG Theology discussion forums on Facebook.  It may amuse you to know that many of the older line AoG ministers, who would not even look at a Lighthouse Trails article before, have come to respect your writers, and how well they research their articles.  I would just like to ask that you pray for us as we go through this time of testing in our fellowship.  It seems bad now, but I am hoping and praying that it will lead to a Reformation within the AoG.  Again, thank you so much for your great articles and your research.  It has really been a bigger help than you will ever know.
 
In His service,
Rev. ___________