Response From Ken Ham, Answers in Genesis, http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/2013/05/21/angry-atheists-display-intolerance-christianity. Short video clips of the two hour YouTube video removed below.
Angry Atheists Display Intolerance of Christianity
by Ken Ham, AiG–U.S.
May 21, 2013
- Intolerance and arrogance
- Hatred of biblical Christians
- Hatred of the Bible
- Wanting to control education and capture your kids’ hearts and minds
- Fighting against freedom of religion
- Wanting to close down or limit biblical, Christian homeschooling
- Seeking to control what private organizations teach
- Desiring to control what you teach at home
- Claim Christians are scientifically ignorant but are themselves scientifically inept
- Sanctimoniously determining morality for themselves
- Attempting to shape the culture according to their anti-God beliefs
- Christianity had by and large already been removed from much of the public education system
- Abortion was legal
- Christian influence was already waning in the culture
- Evolution on the whole was taught as fact in the public schools
- Many churches had compromised with evolution
- Most churches had not taught apologetics to defend the Christian faith against secularism, evolution, millions of years, etc.
Increasing Intolerance of Christianity
Why Are These Atheists So Angry?
What can we do to fight Ken Ham speaking at this homeschool convention? This shouldn’t be allowed. Ken Ham pushes biblical creation on kids and adults. We can’t have this. We need to protest. We will bus in atheists from other cities. We’ve already scouted out the best places to conduct the protest. We need to confront Ken Ham at the conference.This situation is intolerable. How dare a Christian organization host Ken Ham? And look at this homeschool group—you can see what they are doing. Their three keynote speakers are Christians. They are obviously pushing Christianity at a homeschool convention. How dare they have Christian speakers at this convention? Who do they think they are?Christian homeschooling parents are ignorant and illiterate. They can teach their religious junk at home, but when it comes to education, they can’t teach Ken Ham’s stuff to children—this can’t be allowed. We’ve got to stop this. We are angry—we are really angry.
Revealing Their Ignorance and Intolerance
[Ken Ham is] so averse to evolution that he thinks that there are no biological races, because any kind variation is anathema to him, because he would have to admit that species change over time. . . He says there is only one race but there’s two spiritual races.